Association For Physical Education Award
The afPE Quality Mark is a unique self review and evaluation process that involves the completion of an application form as well as a school visit by one of afPE’s Validation Team of highly qualified school improvement professionals. The Village School was awarded this quality mark in July 2018, and is valid for three years.
Comments from the afPE reviewer included:
- Students are making excellent progress relative to their starting points
Quality of teaching
- Excellent provision with a whole school drive for improvement
- Challenging and appropriate provision with wealth of opportunities both in and beyond the curriculum Leadership and management
- There is a real commitment to the subject (and to its continual development and improvement) from SLT and from the HOD – PE, physical activity and sport are clearly highly valued and embedded in the school.
- The approach is individually focused for students whilst still recognising and developing teams and groups of young people maximising their potential to be active and to lead others as well as manage their own levels of activity (where this is possible)